Good News!

de`sire
/de'zi(e)r/

noun

1. A strong feeling of wanting to have something or wishing for something to happen

Verb

1. Strongly wish for or want (something)

On Jan 1, 2016 I had this strong urge to do something with my fiction. Anything. Any small act that would let me know that I wasn't giving up on my lifelong dream.

So on that day, I polished up on one of my short stories and sent it out to the world. 

Now many months later, I'm happy to share my story, "Desire," won one of the finalist prizes in the Nelson Algren Literary Awards competition hosted by the Chicago Tribune. Woohoo! 

You can read the entire story here: Tribune Announces Algren Award Winners

I can breathe easier.

xoxo,

Mina

P.S. I'll be publishing the story with a recipe in the near future. :)

2 comments: