Monday Inspiration: Creativity Through Chaos

"The maker of a sentence launches out into the infinite and builds a road into Chaos and old Night, and is followed by those who hear him with something of wild, creative delight. " ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


(The Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh, 1889)

Webster Dictionary definition of Chaos:

The infinity of space or formless matter supposed to precede the existence of the ordered universe.

In other words, chaos offers organic unpredictability, a swirling mess of ideas or matter, that comes together as unique order. From chaotic thought rises art and engineering. It all begins with unfettered imagination. In other words, chaos.

Writing, to me, is making sense of the chaos of our ideas. Happy writing!

This post today is special, because it's part of Rachel Firasek's Meet Me Monday blog hop. So check the rest out!



8 comments:

  1. I love your view of writing! Great post! And nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mina, I love the chaos! Love it. It's what drives my stories and obviously is inspirational to you too. So glad to have you on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think so many of us live in chaos!

    Haha! Hopping through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey y'all! Thanks for hopping by! *grin* It's lovely to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post :) I must be truly inspired my life is filled with chaos at the moment lol. You are so right though. The moment we step out of safe box and into something unknown and unpredictable that's when our mind fills with wonders :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mina! Sorry it took me so long to get over here - I've got a day job for the first time in like a decade, and I'm still learning how to juggle my writing obligations and my day job. It's tough!

    Beautiful website! It's nice to "meet" you here...Rachel always has good ideas up her sleeve!

    Fun post, by the way - my demons come from the Chaos Plane, and they'd just love to spill Chaos all over the Human Plane...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should have loads of inspiration from all the chaos in my house, LOL! It's certainly never dull!

    I love your view of writing - it's similar to my own, too.

    Your blog is gorgeous, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! Glad to see I'm not the only one with some chaos in her house & life. But hey we are making it work for us ;P

    Thanks for all your kind words & thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete