Wishes, gifts & books: Cynthia Eden is in the house!


Woot! I have the great pleasure to introduce you to one of my favorite authors ever: CYNTHIA EDEN

She writes sexy, intelligent paranormal stories. It was love at first read as soon as I picked up my first Cynthia Eden story (HOTTER AFTER MIDNIGHT). 

Then when I got to know her as a sister author, I was floored. I'd been all set to be intimidated by this awesome author, but instead I met a friendly, generous person with a wacky sense of humor. She's Yoda in my writing world.




What We Wish For…

(Thanks so much to my incredible hostess for having me over today!)

It’s starting to become *that* time of the year. The time when we all seem to dream a little bit more. We hope a little bit more. We wish more.

When we were younger, the holidays were a time of magic. A time of glancing up at the stars to see if you could catch a magical sleigh sliding across the dark sky. 

Sadly, as we get older,  people often seem to lose that magic. They get lost in the hustle and the bustle, in the cooking and the crowds, and the wonder just fades away.

I don’t ever want to lose my wonder. 

I think that’s one of the reasons why I love my job so very much. Every day, I get to dream. I get to make up stories. I get to have magic and fantasy. 

In my upcoming release from Kensington Brava, ANGEL IN CHAINS (out 11/27/12—right after that wild Black Friday rush), my hero is a fallen angel—a creature of incredible power and magic. But, like any other man, there is one thing that he wants most of all. Even fallen angels have wishes…

In order to make some wishes come true, you have to be willing to sacrifice, to fight—and that is exactly what my hero will do. He will face the darkness around him—face any challenge that comes his way—if he can win the greatest gift…love.

So as the holiday season approaches, I’m curious…what are you wishing for?  And do you still feel the wonder at this time of the year?  Please leave me a comment. One person will be randomly selected to win a copy of ANGEL IN CHAINS.



And here’s the ANGEL IN CHAINS blurb (so the winner will know what he/she is getting!):

As a fallen Angel of Death, Azrael is cursed to walk the earth alone in search of redemption. One night, as he wanders the streets of New Orleans, he discovers a woman surrounded by panther shifters.  No longer able to contain the anger simmering within, Az summons his dark powers and attacks, determined to protect this innocent human from certain death.

Only Jade Pierce is no delicate flower.  She’s spent years learning to survive and fight the evil forces sent by her ex-lover who refuses to let her go. But after seeing Az in action, she figures she could use a little supernatural help. And so she plans a course of seduction guaranteed to arouse his interest and his angelic passions…

***
Thanks for checking out my post!

Cynthia Eden
ANGEL IN CHAINS—Available 11/27/12 from Kensington Brava
Some angels were meant to fall


***

Cynthia  also donated HOWL FOR IT


& it's part of the #DjinnsDilemma Birthday Bash giveaways. Don't forget to check it out before you leave!

33 comments:

  1. LOVE everything Cynthia writes. Look forward to each book she give us :) Looking forward to reading Az's story!!!

    I still feel the wonder of this time, I live it through my childrens eyes :) Wish for me would be a "mommy day" of doing nothing. Now that would be a great day, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Michele...you & me...we are "great minds thinking alike." Thanks for visiting! Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Michele! And I am just like you--I try to feel that same wonder through my son's eyes. I hope you get your wonderful "mommy day!" that would be fantastic!

      Delete
  2. I think I enjoy christmas a lot more now that my daughter is born and she's excited about it. :)

    I actually don't think I really NEED anything. BUT books are always nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, books ARE always nice...good luck!

      Delete
    2. May I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  3. Cynthia you are right--that magic of the season--the hope and mystery of it.

    I like to recreate the wonder because in the mad rush we forget it and don't enjoy (I do this by simple things: Holiday lights, movies. Baking and taking time).

    What am I wishing for? It is actually very practical, but I will keep it to myself, but ultimately what I wish for always is a happy ever after. :)

    And that is about as whimsical as I am getting today! *grin*

    Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mysterious M.V., thanks for visiting...always good to see you!

      Delete
    2. Hi, M.V.! I want you to have that happily ever after!! And I love your simple things. I enjoy baking with my son, trying to make some yummy treats--and eating them as I curl up with a classic holiday show. ;)

      Delete
    3. Because I can't help myself---what is your favorite Holiday movie? I have two: The Santa Claus, and Christmas Vacation (well I have more, but those I must watch).

      Delete
    4. Christmas Vacation is a must-watch for me every year! So many quotes from that movie. ;) I also love ELF--I get teary when everyone sings!

      Delete
  4. My wish is to recover a corrupted Word document- my first novel may be lost. I need a djinn to grant my wish for recovery or a hot angel to distract me:)

    When I saw the cover for "Howl For It", I said "Okay" (insert best girlie howl here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's certainly howl-worthy! ;)

      Delete
    2. Oh, no, Meda! I had that same thing happen once--I had to call some local PC Docs and they were able to work wonders. I hope you can recover the document!!

      Delete
  5. I do agree that as we get older we let the magic of the holidays fade. I have kids in elementary school so I still get to live that magic with them. My oldest, however, just learned that Santa Claus doesn't really fly around the world. I did tell him about St. Nick and talked about the spirit of Santa (and not to spoil it for his little sister). This year I wish that my family can slow down and just enjoy the holidays. I also hope to "make" more gifts for people as I think that helps in celebrating the magic.

    On a side note, I am reading Angel Betrayed and so looking forward to Az's story in the next one. He is one messed up angel in this one (well, I am still at the beginning so we'll see how things turn out). Thanks, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Amy! I recently learned how to knit...so busy making gifts :)

      Delete
    2. Amy, I've always wanted to make more gifts, too! I wish I could knit like Rashda, but tat just doesn't happen for me. ;(

      LOL, and you are right--Az is so messed up--and he continues to be in Angel In Chains...poor, twisted angel.

      Delete
  6. that my sis in law has a safe delivery in December. Did I mention she is in China and the dad is in Nigeria? lol I love Christmas time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really wish that I could be kinder to my family members. I've noticed that I don't always speak to them in a civil tone and it saddens me. They deserve better and I plan to work harder to correct this flaw.
    When the boys were little I had more holiday spark. Maybe when the eldest gives us a grandchild it will come back full force ;).
    I love all of Cynthia's work. She writes true to life with no holding back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Victoria, you are so nice! I bet you're always wonderful to your family.

      I know I tend to get a little snippy at the holidays (dang that stress!), and you've just inspired me to try and be better!

      Delete
    2. That's a wonderful wish...that all of us need to keep in mind. Thanks for sharing. And may the holidays be full of wonder for you & yours.

      Delete
  8. Love, love, love Cynthia Eden's books! Her books were one of the first I read in this genre. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, me too! Thanks for visiting Kym!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Kym! I am so glad that you enjoy them!

      Delete
  9. Oh, you can't help but feel the wonder! Around Christmas, there is so many things to make you feel wonderful about. The decorations, the cool weather, the movies, and just... The *feel* in the air. Sigh. I love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorites are the twinkly white lights, decorating the tree and snuggling in front of a fire watching it all...and yes the cheer all around! :)

      Delete
  10. Chelsea, I broke down and watched my first Christmas move of the season tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rashda, thank you so much for having me at your blog! I've had a great time chatting with everyone! (And I'll be sure to check in again later tonight, just in case anyone else joins the fun!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, it's always a pleasure to have you visit :) Thanks so much for such a moving post...so perfect for this season.

      Delete
  12. Woot! And the winner is Meda White! I'll be contact you :)

    ReplyDelete