#RT2013, Puppies and Other Writerly Updates

Woot! I'm going to my very first Romantic Times Convention ever and I'm thrilled to bits! It sounds like a few days full of books, writing, parties and friends...how cool is that? If you are attending, come find me and say hi!

Here's where I'll be at:


CLICK on the photo above to actually read the details!

***NOTE: There will be lots of free books, goodie bags filled to the brim with fun swag, games with hot prizes, music, and food at the  

You will also find me at at the:

* RT Expo, Thursday, May 2, 4 to 6 p.m., with multiple eBooks and paperback copies of A Tale of Two Djinns

* Club RT: Thursday, May 2: 2:45 p.m., Friday, May 3: 10:30 a.m.

*FAN-tastic Day Party, Saturday, May 4: 7:15-7:45 p.m.


BOOK NEWS


So, The Djinn in the Mirror is done. Writing a book is like pregnancy, you can't and shouldn't rush it. There's a lot of morning (or any other time of the day) sickness and fatigue involved, but also moments of pure wonder and bliss (like when you feel your baby kick or see that first sonogram). 

And writing the last bit is the hardest for me -- all this information rushes at me and I can't type fast enough. At the same time, there's a lot of pain and resistance because I have to capture the action film in my mind and translate it into words. The right words.

The story has been sent to my wonderful and invaluable first readers, and my editor, and now I'm waiting for their reactions...all the while biting my nails.  Will they love Ash and Dahlia as much as I do?

I want The Djinn in the Mirror to be the best story it can be. So instead of April, now I'm going to release it in May. I apologize for the delay, but I will not rush it. And, I hope, we will all be happier with the end result.

Now, for the Puppy News!!!

I have added Mason, a 2-year-old MinPin and Chihuahua mix to our family. He's last owner couldn't keep him for health reasons, and we had room in our home. Besides, it was love at first sight for me! :) 

Introducing him to my other dogs. 

You'll notice all my dogs are different and that's because all of them are dogs from the pound that needed homes. I'm a big advocate of adopting shelter pups -- you find unexpected and wonderful friends. My older dogs include a corgi and the cutest mutt ever (yes, biased mom here).


I leave you with Puppy Smiles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment